App .Integration / Web Service
App .Integration / Web Service
Web services play a major role in our integration, which is one of the most commonly used patterns for enterprise and business-to-business application integration. Here we look at the support for web services provided by major platforms and function/method – oriented integration in the space.
Web services technology provides a standard mechanism for applications to publish and subscribe to software services over an intranet or the Internet. Client applications (Web service consumers) locate these services published by server applications (Web service providers) using Universal Discovery, Description, and Integration (UDDI). Web Services Description Language (WSDL) details the interface definition of the service. Request and response data are formatted as Extensible Markup Language (XML) documents based on Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
Corrective Software Maintenance
Defect in the software arises due to errors and faults in design, logic, and code of the software. Corrective maintenance action (commonly referred to as “bug fixing”) addresses these errors and faults in your software system.
Corrective changes in the software are required when:
- Software is not working the way it is expected due to some acute issues, such as faulty logic flow, incorrect implementation, invalid or incomplete tests, etc.
- The issues in the software are affecting users after you have released the software.
Most commonly, bug reports are created by users and sent as feedback to the company that designed the software. Then the company’s developers and testers review the code and make corrective changes to the software accordingly. Its purpose is to enhance and improve the software.
If you detect and resolve the flaws in the software before users discover it, then the maintenance action is preventive or adaptive. However, if you fix the problem after getting bug reports from the user’s side, then it is corrective maintenance action.
If you are spending the majority of time dealing with corrective maintenance task then pay attention to the following:-
- Adopt a robust testing practice.
- Develop high-quality code.
- Focus on the correct implementation of the design specification.
- Enhance your ability to anticipate the problems.
Adaptive Software Maintenance
Adaptive maintenance aims at updating and modifying the software when:
- The platform in which your software operates is changing (due to technology, laws, policies, rules, operating system,etc.)
- Your customers need the product to interface with new hardware or software.
- You have predicted defects in the software that will affect your customers in the future.
Suppose you are running a web application and you found that it is not compatible with a new version of Microsoft web browser (Chromium-powered Edge browser) through a pre-release beta version for developers. If you address this compatibility issue in your web application before the final stable release of Microsoft Chromium-powered Edge browser, then you are performing an adaptive software maintenance task.
However, if you wait for a stable release of the new version of Microsoft Chromium-powered Edge browser, your customers will run into issues. Then the changes you perform after that to fix those issues is corrective maintenance task. It’s better to perform adaptive maintenance action quickly because delaying it will lead you to perform corrective maintenance later, which is a costly approach.
Note that if you are modifying the environment in which your software lives, then it will trigger changes within other parts of your software as well. For example, updating the server, processors, compilers, etc. will also affect the functionality of your software.
Perfective Software Maintenance
Perfective software maintenance is performed when you update the software system to improve its value, according to user demands. This includes:
- Speed optimization
- Improvement in user interfaces
- Improvements in software usability
- Enhancement of software functionality
- Improvement in software performance
Some key points about Perfective software maintenance:
- It involves making enhancements in software functionality by implementing new or changed user requirements (even when the changes are not considered a defect, error or fault).
- It is often, but not always, initiated by customer feedback.
- It accounts for 50% of all the maintenance activities.
Examples of perfective maintenance include modifying an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) program to include a new payment settlement feature in a software system.
Preventive Software Maintenance
Preventive maintenance is a software change you make to prevent the occurrence of errors in the future. It increases the software maintainability by reducing its complexity. Preventive maintenance task include:
- Updating the documentation: Updating the document according to the current state of the system.
- Optimizing the code: Modifying the code for faster execution of programs or making efficient use of storage space.
- Reconstructing the code: Transforming the structure of the program by reducing the source code, making it easily understandable.
Our IT support professionals fix issues when things go wrong. We are here to help them improve their troubleshooting skills, their people skills, and their technical knowledge.
- Trouble Shooting
- Change Request
Application support services are delivered to users within an organisation, enabling the required business processes. Application support analyst act as the technical point of contact to fix systems issues, or incidents that disrupt the service they depend upon.
- Root Cause Analysis
Application maintenance service is an important element towards enhancing the life of the applications. At Gladindia, We focus on maintaining and transforming your business-critical applications to meet the ever changing business needs
- Help Desk
- Remote Desktop Support
Operational support services ensures that the business runs smoothly and effectively, by enabling the service provider to monitor, control and analyze services on its network.
End Users Support
End user support services improves the effectiveness of operations by enhancing the quality and quantity of work performance.
- Training Manual